Alpine starts with a one-piece pulp/glass fiber cone, reinforced with Kevlar® for uncompromising strength and accurate response. The tapered Santoprene™ rubber surround extends cone excursion and improves dynamics, so you can rock your Type-S subs without fear of a blowout.
Alpine builds the speaker leads into the spider, so they can’t shake loose during extreme cone movement. A network of cooling vents reduces heat-induced distortion, so you can push your music and leave the meltdown worries behind. The dual 2-ohm voice coils give you more options for tweaking your bass, whether you’re looking to wire up a multi-sub system or draw more power from your amplifier.
Note: If you are wiring this DVC sub for lower impedance, make sure that your amp is compatible. Most 2-channel car amplifiers are stable down to 2 ohms in standard mode, or 4 ohms in bridged operation. Most mono amps are stable down to 2 ohms.
- 12″ subwoofer with dual 2-ohm voice coils
- pulp/glass fiber cone reinforced with Kevlar
- Santoprene rubber surround
- power range: 50-300 watts RMS (150 watts per coil)
- peak power handling: 900 watts
- frequency response: 27-700 Hz
- sensitivity: 86 dB
- top-mount depth: 5-1/16″
- sealed box volume: 0.85-1.5 cubic feet
- ported box volume: 1.25-2.0 cubic feet