X-Series 6.5 Inch Component 2-Way Speakers
The New Speakers are the First in a Family of Components with the Alpine ID Sound System Philosophy
Experience the music as the artist originally intended by taking your sound system to a premium level with the new X-Series speakers.
Critical Evaluation of In-Car Sound
Alpine’s top engineers from all over the world gathered in Alpine headquarters to deeply research and evaluate in-car sound from aftermarket and high-end factory systems. Many systems had a wide dynamic range and reached sufficient volume levels, but lacked the reality of instruments and spatial imaging. As a result, Alpine ID was developed to address this issue.
Alpine: Image Defined
Alpine ID for short, is the new global philosophy with an evolutionary approach for solving what’s missing in most car audio systems these days: great spatial imaging and depth of stage. It centers on developing matched sound systems that work together to create a highly realistic sound stage with great dynamic range and quality.
All-New Design for Overall Improved Performance
The all-new designs are built for maximum linear motor force for realistic reproduction of any type of sound source. Premium materials were meticulously selected to contribute the performance of the X-Series speakers:
- New radial neodymium motor structure: A pole-type neodymium magnet positioned inside the voice coil (as opposed to outside) creates an improved magnetic circuit with less loss for more efficient power delivery. Since the magnet is smaller than conventional designs, it allows the depth of the X-Series speakers to be much shallower and thereby compatible with more vehicles.
- New nanofiber cone: The small-diameter nanofibers create a cone structure that is lightweight and rigid, for increased sound accuracy. Nanofiber cones also have good internal damping, so residual energy decays quickly without distorting the original music tones.
- New carbon graphite tweeter: Alpine chose carbon graphite for the tweeter because it is rigid enough to perform like a hard dome tweeter but maintains the natural sound characteristics of a soft dome tweeter. The tweeter delivers increased accuracy and extended high frequency range without the harshness that is sometimes associated with hard dome tweeters.
Other premium materials used in the X-Series speakers include a cast aluminum frame for strength, and Alpine’s HAMR (High Amplitude Multi-Roll) surround technology for linear range of operation.
Component speaker system includes two woofers, two tweeters and two external crossover networks
- 6-1/2″ nano-fiber woofer with High Amplitude Multi-Roll surround
- 1″ carbon graphite dome tweeter
- handles up to 120 watts RMS (330 watts peak power)
- frequency range: 55-50,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 89 dB
- woofer top-mount depth: 2-5/16″
- grilles included