Boosted Rail amp technology
You won’t believe how small and powerful this amp is. Rockford Fosgate’s PBR500X1 mono amp can drive up to 500 watts RMS into a 1-ohm load, allowing you to power multiple subs to get more bass. And this Punch Class BR amplifier generates this power from a very tiny case — literally the size of your hand.
Boosted Rail (BR) amp technology uses capacitors and high-speed circuitry to boost the amp’s power supply voltage when needed, so it can handle massive musical peaks without missing a beat. Rockford Fosgate uses this new technology to create a remarkable amp that fits almost anywhere and delivers powerful sound.
Convenience and reliability
Add Rockford Fosgate’s PEQ wired remote, and you’ll be able to control the subwoofer impact from your front seat. The amp also features speaker-level inputs with signal-sensing turn-on, allowing you to connect into almost any system without having to run a turn-on lead back to the receiver. An extruded aluminum heat sink combines with Rockford Fosgate’s heat management technology to make sure your tunes keep rockin’ — even when you’re playing loud.
- mono subwoofer amplifier
- 175 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (300 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)
- 500 watts RMS x 1 at 1 ohm
- CEA-2006 compliant
- Boosted Rail amp technology
- Dynamic Thermal Management cooling system
- variable low-pass filter (35-250 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- differential-balanced inputs eliminate noise from your vehicle’s electrical system
- preamp and speaker-level inputs
- optional wired remote bass boost (0-18 dB at 45 Hz)
- 8-gauge power and ground leads and an 80-amp fuse recommended — wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- no onboard fuses — when installing multiple amps in a system, an additional 80-amp in-line fuse between the distribution block and the amplifier is recommended
- 8-5/8″W x 1-9/16″H x 4-1/4″D